Who profits from vaccination? Individuals? Society? Companies? Is vaccination efficient? Is it dangerous? Profitable? What are the factors influencing public opinion in this domain? Lise Barnéoud, science journalist and author of Immunisés ? Un nouveau regard sur les vaccins, has engaged in an investigation revealing multiple - and sometimes contradictory - realities observed in the French vaccination sector. She has carried out her investigation from three distinct viewpoints: the one of a mother who needs to decide whether to vaccinate her children or not; of a journalist leading an enquiry; and of a scientist analyzing how facts are built.
Lise Barnéoud was a Crash guest speaker at a conference on vaccination held on December 5, 2017. A discussion with Epicentre, Crash and the MSF Medical Department allowed us to exchange views on vaccinal policy, which remains a cornerstone of MSF operations and a recurring subject of discussion and controversy.
Table of contents
- Introduction – Why write a book on vaccines
- Myths and beliefs about vaccination
- What to think of the public consultation launched in 2016 by Health Minister Marisol Touraine
- The issue of vaccination consent – Individualized treatments
- What justifies going from 3 to 11 compulsory vaccines? What are the profits for pharmaceutical laboratories?
- The politicization of vaccination – The issue of disease eradication
- What is MSF’s answer to the issue of consent?
- The cost of vaccines
To cite this content :
Lise Barnéoud, Immunization: new perspectives on vaccines - Conference with Lise Barnéoud, 5 December 2017, URL : https://www.msf-crash.org/en/conferences-debates/immunization-new-perspectives-vaccines-conference-lise-barneoud
If you want to criticize or develop this content, you can find us on twitter or directly on our site.Contribute